You might be in a rush, you might just be looking for that perfect haircut and style. Whatever the case, you’ve come to the right place to discover the best and coolest hairstyles for school!
Slide or scroll to see the fastest and easiest ways to pull up or styles your hair when you are in a rush (and still look fabulous). Or get inspired and pick school hairstyles that will fit any social event.
Whichever the case, you can be sure you’ll find the best hairstyles for school for all hair lengths, types, and school events!
I. Hairstyles for Short Hair
1. Easy Hairstyles for Short Hair for School
The fastest and easiest way to style your short haircut before school or university? Just put on a headscarf hairband and you are all good to go!
2. Twin Braids Style on Short Hair
For short haircuts that go past the pixie length shown above, you can also play around with braid styles. Take the photo above as example of how you can go for a double braids crown-like hairstyle on short hair.
3. Braided Messy Updo
We love, love, love messy hair, especially when it results in such a put-together look. Follow the steps above and get a lovely updo that won’t take ages to make and which you can do even with shorter hair.
4. Simple Updo for Short Hair
In a rush and don’t know what to do with your hair? Simply pull it all back and create a high, messy ponytail. Leave a few strands free to frame your face and create that lovely, summer feel effect above.
5. Easy Wacky Hairstyles for School
This is one of the easiest to sport edgy hairstyles for school as you probably won’t get in trouble for it. It’s basically a pixie cut with long bangs and an undercut that’s made wacky by its textured and layered nature.
- 70 Great Short Hairstyles for Black Women Trendy in 2022
- 55 Short Haircuts for Thick Hair and Trouble-Free in 2022
- 50 Sexy Short Haircuts for Women Over 40 Trendy in 2022
II. Hairstyles for Medium & Shoulder Length Hair
6. School Hairstyles for Medium Hair
Ah, the good ol’ scrunchie! Once your hair reaches medium-length again, you’ll be able to just throw your hair in a ponytail and secure it with a cute scrunchie that will add a 90s vibe to your look (in the best way possible).
7. Side Braid in Medium-Length Hair
We’ve shown you how you can sport braids if you have short hair; now here’s another braided hairstyles for school idea, this time, for medium hair. Instead of going for a half-crown or pigtail, opt for a side braid!
8. Space Buns for Shoulder Length Hair
This adorable look combines not one, but two very popular hairstyles. You’ve got the half up, half up down hairstyle (the first of several on this list) which ends in a pair of adorable space buns – former festivals must that have now transformed into everyday wear.
9. Simple Low Messy Bun
Another gorgeous half up, half down bun combo, this time, an even easier one. Simply gather two sections of your hair and wrap them in a messy bun at about chin level. It’ll look extra messy and cool if you have wavy hair.
10. Hair Accessories – Headscarf Inspiration
Just one headscarf simply wouldn’t have been enough! For a completely new look, simply add a hair accessory to your hairstyles for school. You’ll glam them up or make them as sweet as can be, it’s your choice!
- 50 Low Maintenance Medium Length Haircuts for 2022
- 100 Gorgeous Shoulder Length Hairstyles Trendy in 2022
- 50 Flattering Medium Length Hairstyles Trendy in 2022
III. Hairstyles for Long Hair
11. School Hairstyles for Long Hair
I bet you’ve seen this hairstyle before, and that it seemed very complicated and time-consuming. However, simply follow the low braided bun tutorial above and get a gorgeous hairstyle in no time!
(It will get even easier and faster once you’ve done it 2 or 3 times and really got the hang of it).
12. Cute Braided Double Buns
Take your space or simple double buns up a notch with some braids! Start with two braids that you then transform into buns while showcasing their braided base. Frame your face with some wispy strands, and you are done!
13. Half Up Half Down with Small Braid
You only need two things to make this simple and fast half up ponytail hairstyle look special. One: wrap a strand of hair over your hair tie to cover it up. Two: add some small braids to the half down portion for a boho feel.
14. Triple Braids and Crown Braid
Now this is a hairstyle made in braids heaven! First up, we have a crown braid that ends in a beautifully made fishtail braid.
Then, as if it weren’t enough, two other braids come down on each side of it, while the rest of the hair is left to flow freely down the back. It all looks uber cool on this blonde, straight-haired gal.
15. Simple Hairstyle for School For Long Haired Girls
Lo and behold, one of the simplest and cutest hairstyles for school for girls with long hair: pigtails.
Simply go for a pair of high such ponytails and look absolutely adorable whether you’re going to a prep meeting or just for your usual school day.
- 50 Hairstyles for Long Hair You’ll Simply Love!
- Updos for Long Hair: 50 Absolutely Stunning Ideas and Ways to Wear Your Hair Up
IV. Quick and Easy Hairstyles
16. Easy Hairstyles for School – Mid Length Plaits
Feeling like going for some braids, but not full ones? Then go for a pair of mid-length plaits! This half up hairstyle looks particularly good on wavy hair and will showcase your highlights (natural or dyed alike).
17. Stunning Fishtail Braid
Cute easy hairstyles for school can look very complicated but actually be very easy to make. Take, for example, this beautiful fishtail braid that you can totally do on your own in minutes!
18. Quick Hairstyles for School – a Messy Low Ponytail
You’ll need less than five minutes to get this look. Simply gather all your hair in a lower, messy ponytail and wrap a strand of hair over the hair tie to make it look more elegant. The face-framing strands are optional (but really pretty and recommended).
19. Cute and Easy Hairstyles for School – Just Use a Hair Accessory!
The power of hair accessories! Doll up your hairstyle by adding an accessory, like this dragonfly hair clip, to your ponytail – instant effect!
20. Quick and Easy Hairstyles for School – Simple Braids
Boho girls will especially love this romantic look. Create a pair of simple French braids and then gather them to create a crown-like effect. Leave the rest of the hair flowing free (including the end of the crown hair braid).
21. 5 Minute Hairstyles for School
Follow this tutorial to create an absolutely gorgeous and elegant looking hairstyle in less than 5 minutes! Separate your hair into three strands. Use one to create a ponytail and then cross the other two to get the effect above,
22. Easy Hairstyles for School Step by Step – Double Dutch Braid Bun
It can’t get prettier than this in the world of braided updos. Although a bit more complex to make than the other hairdos on the list, follow this great tutorial and learn how to make a double dutch braided bun.
As with most other hairstyles, practice makes perfect, so give it a shot, try making it twice or more, and see how much easier it will get with each try.
- 50 Flattering Silver Hair Color Ideas Trendy in 2022
- How To Get White Hair 2022 Reviewed
- 50 Cool Pink and Purple Hair Ideas in 2022
V. Special Hairstyles for School
23. Cute Hairstyles for the First Day of School
So you’re looking for an impressive hairstyle for the first day of school, but one that won’t make it seem like you tried too hard. Then consider this Dutch braid with braided underside and ponytail and Wow! them all!
24. Cute Hairstyles for School – A Waterfall Braid
25. Cute Hairstyles for Middle School
Little girls can be just as stylish as a woman, and in an age-appropriate way too. Help your little sister, cousin, or daughter sport this really cute braided half up that has two French braids intersecting one another.
26. Teenage Hairstyles for School
Spruce up your high pigtails by braiding them up! Split your hair into two even parts, and even go for the French or the Dutch braiding technique to get pretty braided pigtails like the ones above.
27. Casual Hairstyles for University
Let’s face it, most Uni girls don’t have the time or the energy to spend ultra styling their hair before that really early morning course.
So look stylish and put-together by going the messy way with a disheveled but cool top knot half up hairstyle.
28. University Hairstyles
For a more elegant look that still won’t take up too much of your time, gather up your hair in a higher ponytail and wrap a headscarf around the hair tie for that touch of je ne sais quoi.
29. Hairstyles for Curly Hair for School
Having really curly hair can be a dream and a nightmare in terms of styling. So, as you are looking for some cool hairstyles for school for curly hair, take into account this high full bun with loose corks falling out.
30. Cornrow Hairstyles for School
African-American gals have many great hairstyles to choose from – be them protective ones or styles that will celebrate their ancestry. One of the ways you can get a bit of both is by going for cornrows, as the cool girl above!
- 20 Different Styles of Hair Bangs for Every Face Shape and Hair Length in 2022
- 50 Beautiful Haircuts and Hairstyles for Women over 60 Trendy in 2022
- 30 Cool Long Emo Hairstyles for Girls Popular in 2022
Ready to Change Your Look?
So there you have it, a list of the coolest, fastest, easiest, and generally best hairstyles for school for you!
These will fit and be useful whether you are still in middle school, a rebellious or studios teen, or a busy Uni student. There’s also something for everyone on this list, be it short haircuts or styles for long-haired girls.
So, which of these hairstyles is your favorites and you can’t wait to wear it to schoool (or are already doing it)? Leave a comment and let us know!
- 50 Low Maintenance Medium Length Haircuts for 2022
- 45 Awesome Highlights for Short Hair to Wear in 2022
- 50 Flattering A-Line Bob Haircuts and Hairstyles Popular in 2022
- 50 Great Hair Highlights and Lowlights Ideas to Try in 2022
- 55 Great Bob Hairstyles for Black Women to Try in 2022
- 50 Cool Haircuts for Wavy Hair in 2022